Monday, June 18, 2012

Teacher Summer Gift

As the end of June is here many are thinking of gifts to give their children's teacher.  As a teacher myself I have gotten my fair share of wonderful gifts and some that hmmm I enjoy the thought that the student wanted to give me a gift but I have no use for.  So I thought I would share some ideas for teacher gifts. 

List of ideas for a teacher gift:

1. At the end of the year leading into a summer why not a wrap a towel with a tube of sunscreen and a magazine.
2. Gift cards are always useful and appreciated.
3. With so many budget cuts and supplies very limited for teachers, perhaps a basket or plastic bin filled with items to get started for September. (post-its, a box of pencils/pens, box of tissues, ream of paper etc..)
4. A recent idea I saw for a male teacher is a metal tub with some grilling tools, BBQ sauces, and a tag that read "For a teacher that was on fire this year"

5. Another food treat would be a box that contains ice cream toppings, cones, waffle bowls, sprinkles, etc... with a tag that read "wishing you a cool summer".

As with any gift it is the thought that counts. It doesn't have to be over the top or expensive.   I know a simple hand written letter or note from students is always appreciated as at times we do not always hear "Thank You".

I found some other interesting ideas on the following website:

http://www.plumadorable.com/ten-teacher-gift-ideas/   









No comments:

Post a Comment