Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cookie Brownie Cupcakes




I have seen numerous posts on Pinterest for "slutty" brownies.  And without fail each and every time I see them my mouth immediately turns into Niagara Falls.  I am ultimately drooling with the thought of them.  I decided this weekend would be the weekend I try them.  My excitement was building, I eagerly told my husband of my plan and the way they are made, a layer of cookie dough, an Oreo, and then topped with brownie batter!  You could hear crickets.  I asked him how he could not share in my excitement, apparently he does not like Oreos! WHAT? How could someone not like Oreos?  I was crushed I have been longing to make these, I LOVE OREOS! He wanted peanut butter cups inside instead.  Which don't get me wrong I also love them but I was so looking forward to having an excuse to buy a package of Oreos.  So as with any good marriage I compromised!  And made half with peanut butter cups and half with Oreos! And they are so so so yummy!

Most recipes I had seen were made in a 13x9 pan.  I decided since I was bring these somewhere for a dessert I would make individual ones in a muffin tin.

Recipe:

1 box or log of prepared cookie dough
1 box of prepared brownie batter
Oreos
Peanut butter cups

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line muffin tin with liners.  Spread cookie dough on bottom.  Top with either an Oreo or peanut butter cup.  Top with brownie batter covering filling and filled 3/4 to top.  Bake for 40-45 minutes.


I went an extra step and topped them:

For the Oreo:

3tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 tablespoons of milk
Crushed oreos (about 5 or so)

Whisk powdered sugar and milk until blended and consistency to drizzle.  If too thick add a little more milk, too watery add little more sugar.  Drizzle on top of cooled brownie and to with crushed Oreo.

For the Peanut Butter Cup:

3 tablespoons of peanut butter
chopped Peanut butter cups (about 4 or 5)

simply microwave peanut butter for 30 seconds.  If not a consistency to drizzle then microwave in 10 second intervals.  Drizzle on top of cooled brownies and top with chopped peanut butter cups.

(I must confess I did not wait to top that one the "broke" coming out of pan and well the peanut butter cups started to melt on top.  Ummm so delicious!)


Start by placing a ball of cookie dough in the bottom of the muffin tin.  Spread it so it fills the bottom.


Next place either an Oreo or peanut butter cup on top of the cookie dough.  Or if really adventurous put both!


Cover with brownie batter.  And cook in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.  To decipher the different ones I swirled a little peanut butter into the peanut butter cups ones.


Oh no this one broke as I took it out of the pan, guess I must sample it!



No comments:

Post a Comment