Monday, May 6, 2013

Husband Birthday Surprise




Sometimes in our busy lives there is not always time or money to have an elaborate celebration for one's brithday. For most adults birthdays seem to just come and go without a real pause to celebrate the person.  I have not met a single person who doesn't smile when their birthday is acknowledged.  I always feel however that a birthday is a time that should be filled with a few things: 1- Cake~ is a must to celebrate any birthday 2- Balloons~ I think they make any birthday special and festive 3- Favorite meal~ I think it just makes the birthday person feel that more special.  As my husband has told me I am always very thoughtful when it comes to gifts and surprises.  Sometimes its not about the amount of money you spend but that you actually took the time to put some extra thought into the gift or surprise for that person.  For my husband's brithday this year I took some ideas I saw on Pinterest.  My husband works on the weekend and his birthday fell on a Sunday this year.  I had ample time to carry out my plan.  I started the day with a breakfast he wanted rum banana waffles.  When he left for work I went to work and decorated our bedroom for his surprise!  He turned 38 so I printed 38 pictures of him and wrote on the back of each one a different reason why I loved him.  Some I attached to helium balloons, others I placed on the streamers I hung near our windows. Honestly I wanted to hang them all from balloons, but for two reasons I could not, one that would have been a lot of balloons, and two attaching more then one to the balloons weighed them down (I did try) Next I bought a bag of assorted balloons and a happy birthday sign from target and used it in my decorating.  We have a birthday hat I bought when we moved in together I keep recycling every year that always makes it way into the celebration!  And since my husband would only be home for his hour dinner break I prepared an antipasti platter as our dinner.  Something my husband loves. 





A sign on the door to announce the surprise!


His favorite meal: Antipasti



1 comment:

  1. I so love your idea, I might end up getting doing this too for my husband! Thank you for sharing!


    http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete