Thursday, May 23, 2013

Banana Rum Sauce with Waffles


I made these awhile ago and forgot about them.  They had been a birthday breakfast for my husband Joe on his birthday. He is a big fan of rum and tropical flavors.  In the past I had made this mixture before for french toast this was the first time I threw in the rum.  So it tastes great either way.  I admit the waffles were from a mix in our waffle iron.  This post is all about the sauce!

Banana Rum Sauce:

1-2 two bananas depending on size, sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoon of butter
1 oz of rum

Heat butter in a skillet.  Add the brown sugar and mix until dissolved.  Add the rum and let cook about 5 minutes.  Add the bananas.  Cook until the bananas started to soften, about another 5 minutes.  Serve on top of waffles.  Or pancakes.  Or french toast. Or ice cream!



No comments:

Post a Comment