Friday, May 24, 2013

Pesto Pasta Salad



Sometimes when I am making pasta salad it becomes a matter to use whatever I have on hand and just throw it all together. As was this case with this recipe.  Kidney beans make this a very fulling and satisfying salad.  As usual when cooking I make too much especially since there are only the two of us in the house.  So this made a tasty and fulling lunch the next day. 




Recipe:

1/2 lb of pasta: bowties, ziti, rotini whatever you like
1 15oz can drained, rinsed kidney beans (or cannelli, or chickpeas)
1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
1/4 chopped olives (I had a mixture on hand from the deli counter)
1 1/2 tablespoons of pesto
salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil to thin and to taste

Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.  Strain pasta and rinse with cold water.  Toss with all other ingredients. Taste.  add more pesto, olive oil, or seasonings to taste.

* I also had a few slices of fresh mozzarella on hand I chopped it and threw it in too, but feta would also be a good cheese to add.

This pasta salad made a great side to some crab cakes and salad



No comments:

Post a Comment