Friday, April 24, 2015

Toddler Bites

So now that my son is eating real food, and I post on facebook often about what he is eating friends and coworkers keep asking me to share recipes and what I am feeding him. One even pushing for me to add it to the blog. I admit my blog has fallen by the wayside as I adjusted to motherhood. It most certainly has been a year of change. My little peanut is fast aproaching the year mark, and within that time we have bought a house, moved in, my husband began a new career, and I returned to work! Phew I'm exhausted just thinking about it all! And now myhusband is working an evening shift as a nurse and not home most nights for dinner I am home alone to take care of our little one after a full day of teaching for me. So needless to say you can bet there have been night's Leo has eaten a better dinner then I have. I do will my best effort to start posting some meal ideas and things I have come to fee our little guy. But for now I will give a general outline of what his day looks likes.

5:30-6:30am- Wakes, dresses little play time
Bottle (formula) about 6oz

6:45am- We are out the door to the sitter

7:15- Drop at Sitter- Weekends home playing with Mommy

8:30-9:00- Breakfast and 6 oz bottle- breakfast might be: oatmeal, whole wheat pancake with fruit, whole wheat waffle, scrambled egg, Veggielite Carrot muffin

Nap- usually about an hour to an hour and half

12:00- 1:00 Lunch and 6 oz bottle- usually leftovers from night before. I try to include protein, fruit/vegetable, and starch when possible. Today he had a bit of meatloaf, chunks of cooked sweet potato, and a mix of cooked carrots & zuchini. I also sent a sugar free applesauce which he ate part of with breakfast and part with lunch or as a snack.
Later in afternoon about 20-30 minute nap- or naps in car ride home from sitter
3:00- 6oz bottle
3:30- Pick up from sitter
4:30-5:30- playtime with Mommy!
5:45-6:30- Dinner- today was about 4-5 spinach and cheese tortellini with tomato sauce, steamed squash and some blueberries.
6:30-7:30 Bedtime - Bottle 6oz- bath (usually every other night) read books
8:00pm- most nights he is asleep by this time and Mommy collapses....
** this is a general schedule we are not hard pressed to the times some days it can vary by a half hour the times of feedings but usually fairly close to this. Again with the bottles he drinks on average 6 oz each time 5 times a day, but sometimes that first bottle he does not want and sometimes the evening bottle he wasnts more. We have reached a point that if you are eating something and he sees you, then you better have something for him too! Could be just a couple of cheerios.

No comments:

Post a Comment