Thursday, September 27, 2012

Peanut Butter Fluff Brownies

Within my circle of family and friends I have become the one who always brings the brownies as a dessert.  As my young nieces tell me "Aunt Trish you made the best brownies".  However although no matter where I bring the brownies I get complimented I do have a secret....they are from a box!  Now that I have let the cat out of the bag I will share that I only make Ghiradelli Box Brownies, usually the double chocolate ones.  Lately though I have been trying to use the box mix but improve upon it.  This recipe incorporates fluff and peanut butter.  Anything with peanut butter is a winner in my book!







I had to get a bite...couldn't even wait to take the picture.


Directions:

1 box brownie mix
1 cup fluff
1 cup peanut butter (I used chunky but smooth will work)


Make the box mix of brownies according to the package.  I spray parchment paper with cooking spray and place in baking pan with edges overhanging.  Pour brownie batter into pan.  In a medium bowl place the fluff and peanut butter and microwave for about 20 seconds, just to make it smooth.  Mix the fluff and peanut together a little but not completely.  Place dollops of the mixture on top of the brownies and using a butter knife swirl the mixture around the pan.  Bake according to the box directions.  (I did find that mine took about 8 minutes longer)
As always my husband is willing to be a taste tester!




No comments:

Post a Comment