Sunday, September 30, 2012

"Greek" Turkey Patty


These came from round two of using ground turkey.  Blame it on buying a big family sized three pound package of ground turkey when it was on sale and I had a coupon.  The ground turkey purchase also came from my desire to eat healthy and prove to my husband that it could take good.  I succeeded with my first attempt with an Asian Turkey burger, this evening I traveled to the Mediterranean to borrow flavors often found in Greek cooking, for a "Greek" turkey patty.  To accompany the flavors of the patty I served it on a bed of spinach, red onion, red pepper, on a warm flat bread pita, topped with yogurt sauce.  My husband's reaction was yet another of his satisfaction with this meal and surprise at how tasty it was.  Another point for me!  I have one more pound waiting to make it a full sweep...





All rolled up together to make a delicious meal!




Recipes:

Turkey Patties:

1 lb ground turkey
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped spinach
1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

Yogurt Sauce:

1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp dill
salt and pepper






No comments:

Post a Comment