Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pea and Mushroom Side



My husband has expressed to me on numerous occasions that a vegetable side dish he likes is peas with mushrooms. I would typically brush him off and make something else. The combo just did not entice me enough to make it, until tonight when all I had on hand were mushrooms and peas! And I have to say they turned out fantastic.

Ingredients:
Half carton of baby portabello mushrooms sliced
Cup frozen peas thawed
1 shallot thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons of chicken broth

In a medium skillet over medium heat melt butter sauté shallot and garlic until golden. Add peas and mushrooms. Cook until softened. Add soy sauce and broth. Let mixture simmer a few minutes. Serve and enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment