Friday, January 4, 2013

Balsamic Strawberries




Looking to use a half of carton of strawberries and a handful of blueberries before they went bad in the back of my fridge I concocted a sweet desert.  And luckily I had one more shot of whipped cream left too.  I came up with after enjoying the combination of Balsamic vinegar on a salad recently with strawberries.

Quite simply I wasted and cut the strawberries p laced them in a bowl with the blueberries.  Next I drizzled with just a little balsamic vinegar, honey, and very little sugar.  Let it sit for a few minutes to let the syrup start to work in the berries.  Serve with a little dollop (or squirt) of whipped cream.

I think this would be perfect on some butter pound cake or angel food cake.  But sadly there is none in my house and I am trying to be frugal and use the food in my fridge and waste not.

I also think this would make a perfect desert on a hot summer evening with a chilled glass of blush wine on the back porch.  That is a perfect vision on this frigid winter evening in my tiny apartment with no outdoor living space! Ahhh a girl can daydream from the comfort of her couch with her cozy blanket.




No comments:

Post a Comment