Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Roasted Vegetable Fritatta





Since I was dining alone this evening I was tempted to just make a pit stop on the way home and pick something up quick, but then my inner health conscience kicked in and screamed at me.  Plus I had just left the gym all was all sweaty how would that look going in to Five Guys for a burger and fries.  So instead home I went and opened and stared at length at the contents of my fridge.  Not much was in there.  I found a half of a bell pepper, some mushrooms, asparagus, and spinach.  This led to the decision of a fritatta.  Since I absolutely love roasted vegetable I started with cutting the vegetables and placing them on cookie sheet to get in the oven to roast.  Then prepared the egg mixture.  A glass of white wine was the perfect compliment to this.  And since it was only me for dinner I will enjoy some leftovers for lunch tomorrow at work.





Ingredients: (honestly I did not measure ingredients just used what was on hand, use any combination of vegetables you have.)

Half of bell pepper
Half a bunch of asparagus
Three small button mushrooms
Handful of fresh chopped spinach
Half of zucchini sliced (1/4 inch thick)
5 eggs
1/4 of milk
1/4 crumbled feta cheese

Place all vegetables onto a cookie  sheet in a single layer.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and herbs de provence (or Italian seasoning) Drizzle with Olive oil.  Roast in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes.  Until vegetable begin to be tender.

In a bowl beat egg and milk.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  When vegetable are ready take out of oven. Heat oven proof skillet on medium.  Add egg mixture, add roasted vegetables, fresh spinach and feta cheese.  Cook about 5 minutes until bottom is set.  Place in oven and cook about 20 minutes until eggs are set.  Turn out onto a plate and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment