Saturday, January 26, 2013

Taco Seasoning



As I get ready to put everything in the crock pot for some Salsa Chicken later I have realized after a lengthy search through my cabinets that I am all out of taco seasoning.  And since we have had a little snow over night I am in no rush to head out to the store for one ingredient.  So then off to use the collection of spices sitting my my pantry to make my own packet of taco seasoning.  Which in the long run I am sure will be a lot healthy then a store bought packet with names of ingredients I cannot pronounce or the unnecessary sodium I do not need.  And I think since I have some time this morning I will double this recipe and wash out a glass jar so that I have some on hand.





Ingredients:

  • 6 teaspoons chili powder
  • 5 teaspoons paprika
  • 4.5 teaspoons cumin
  • 2.5 teaspoons onion powder
  • .5 teaspoons garlic powder
  • .125 teaspoons cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
  • .5 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and store in an air tight container.  7 teaspoons will equal one packet of taco seasoning.  









No comments:

Post a Comment