Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kicked up Ramen





I have a love for peanut asian noodles.  However I am always slightly lazy and don't want to make them. Until I found this recipe on Martha Stewart.  It uses a Ramen Noodle packet as the base.  I don't think I have purchased Ramen Noodles since I was in college, however I had two packs on hand leftover from the recent hurricane.  And it being a night that my husband would not be home for dinner thought it a perfect night to test it out.  I did tweak the recipe from the website a bit, I added more vegetables trying to use up some I had on hand.  The noodles are delicious and took about 15 minutes to prepare! Cheap, Easy, Yummy- What could be better?



Recipe: (adapted from Martha Stewart- Original can be found here.)

Ingredients:

1 package of Ramen Noodles and half of the flavor pack
1 cup of chicken broth
2 tablespoons of peanut butter (chunky or plain)
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 teaspoons of Sriracha (more or less depending on amount of heat you like)
cup of thinly sliced vegetables ( I had red bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms on hand)

Boil 1 cup water and 1 cup of chicken broth with half of the flavor packet.  Once boiling add noodles and cook until tender.  Drain excess liquid.  In a saute pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil and saute vegetables until tender.  Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.  Once done add to noodles along with soy sauce, peanut butter, and Sriracha.  Mix until well combined If too thick add more chicken both.  I topped with a few peanuts.  



No comments:

Post a Comment