Sunday, February 17, 2013

Corned Beef and Cabbage




I know it's February 17th and not March 17th but I felt like a good Irish meal.  And after finding a good deal on a corned beef I could not resist.  I also found a great mini bundt pan while wandering through Marshall's and could not resist making some chocolate stout cakes with bailey's icing.  And honestly I find a nice corned beef and cabbage a really simple meal to throw into one pot and just let cook.




Corned Beef and Cabbage:

1 corned beef
half green cabbage
2 baking potatoes
3 carrots
1 tablespoon pickling spice


In a dutch oven place corned beef, cut carrots, quartered potatoes, half cabbage cut into pieces, and add pickling spices.  I use an old tea diffuser to place pickling spices in and throw it in the pot.  Otherwise spices can be placed in a cheesecloth that is securely tied.  Cover corned beef with water, cover and simmer.


Perfect Dessert is chocolate stout mini bundt cakes....check out my separate post for that.




No comments:

Post a Comment