Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fuel Filled Breakfast: Peanut Butter Banana Roll-Up



Mornings are hard for everyone.  Even harder to think about getting breakfast on the table.  It definitely has to be quick. Breakfast also needs to be something that will keep me until lunch, and give me energy for the morning.  One of my favorite things in the world is peanut butter.  This peanut butter banana roll up is also great to prepare and take with you on the go.  This breakfast definitely fills me up and keeps me full all morning!

* I have since updated this with a couple of variations at the bottom.  After making this a few times and a little different each times I have some suggestions.  Definitely slice the banana, something I did not originally  do.  Add some berries, either sliced strawberries or blueberries add a great flavor and helps to not have everything stuck to the roof of your mouth.  I love the combination of apples and peanut butter so I think that sliced apples would also be great.  After a recent trip to the  Peanut Butter Company we have a bunch of different flavors of peanut butter so we have been using them also, along with my husband's favorite...Nutella! But I am sure anything you can enjoy with peanut butter will work with this, it's just a quick very filling breakfast that can be eaten on the go.  I would even roll these in some foil and take it with me for lunch.

Peanut Butter Banana Roll-Up:

1 large tortilla
1 banana
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of granola

Warm tortilla to make it easy to work with. Spread peanut butter over center, place banana in center and sprinkle with granola.  Roll like a burrito, cut in half and enjoy.

Variations:

#1:  Using cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter with sliced banana, blueberries, and granola.

*adding the blueberries give its a nice touch a little moisture so everything is not so sticky in your mouth! Strawberries would also be great.  Acting as the jelly in PB&J.


#2: Nutella, cream cheese, blueberries, and granola.
This was my husband's idea and variation.  The nutella and cream cheese work very nicely together alongside the blueberries.






No comments:

Post a Comment