Monday, February 18, 2013

Leftovers-Corned Beef Hash Breakfast




This morning the current temperature outside is a frigid 19 degrees with wind chill that is making it feel like 5 degrees.  I just came in from the gym where I am currently working on a couch to 5K program to get in shape for my first 5K.   I am not a runner I prefer kickboxing or cycling at the gym.  I have shed about 25lbs over the past two years and have plateaued so signing up with friends for a 5K has helped me push past and stat to lose again.  I look forward to participating in The Color Run in July!  So being sweaty out this cold is just brutal.  I was quite happy to come home to and use my leftover corned beef dinner and make some hash.  I think my husband enjoys this more then the actual corned beef dinner, he loves the letting the yolk run all over the hash.  Basically the hard part has been done the night before.

Hash: (using leftovers from night before of a corned beef dinner)

Corned beef chopped into pieces
Cooked potato chopped into pieces
Cooked carrots chopped
Cooked cabbage chopped (little less then other items)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg
rye toast (to serve with)

In a frying pan heat olive oil over medium high heat.  place corned beef, carrot, potato, and cabbage in pan in one equal layer.  Allow to cook for a minute or two.  Flip mixture over and cook again in an equal layer.  Allow a crust to form on the potato mixture.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Place on a plate.  Wipe pan out.  Heat pan again crack egg into pan season with salt and pepper flip egg after 1 minute.  Cook another minute or two or until desired doneness.  Place on top of hash.  Served with butter rye toast on the side.







No comments:

Post a Comment